Software developer living and working in London, England.
Currently working for Metaswitch Networks.
25 years experience in low-level, high-performance, low-latency software development:
- graphics adapter device drivers
- low-level networking software
- remote control and application sharing software
- telephone media gateway design and implementation
- lead developer for 3 generations of telephone Universal Media Gateways
- high-reliability, fault-tolerant, carrier-class software and hardware development
- multicore, multi-threaded control processors
- high-performance network processor implementation
- large DSP farms (up to 180 cores)
- hardware device drivers
- bleeding-edge hardware integration and debugging
- embedded system diagnostics – collection and display
- Python test frameworks
- Real-time event processing, graphical diagnostics
- Game development, 3D space and planet rendering
- Oculus Rift VR headset
- iOS mobile software development
- Loom 2D game engine
- MaKey MaKey
- Raspberry Pi
Currently eagerly awaiting my Oculus Rift developer kit so I can integrate it with my Unity Solar System simulator and fly to the Moon!
You have to admire brilliant unconventional solutions to difficult problems.